Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween Weekend Catch-up

Woohoo--I've kept up with this for a week! (though not so much in the blogging part)


Friday: Yoga--I was not excited about this. I've never done yoga before and this thing was 90 freakin' minutes! It wasn't so bad, but I got tired of doing every dang "warrior" pose known to man.

There was also a good 20-30 minute chunk that had me falling over and staring at the screen in disbelief. Oh well, it has to get better, right?

Saturday: Legs & Back/Ab Ripper X. Legs & back was good except for the pull ups. I don't really want to invest in a pull up bar right now--I'm a poor college student. Since I read you can use the bands instead, I figured I would just do that. Which leads to Complaint #1...

When it came time for pullups, Tony jumps onto a bar conveniently hanging out of the ceiling...and the girl demonstrating the band alternative WRAPS THE BAND AROUND THE SAME POLE. Ummm...excuse me, the majority of the target audience for this video (I'm willing to bet 98%) does NOT have an exposed pole hanging out of the ceiling! I thought this was supposed to be home-workout friendly?

I briefly eyed the ceiling fan before reality set in, and tried using the door attachment at the top of the bathroom door. It just wasn't high enough. So I did kinda-maybe-band-pull ups, which unfortunately make up about 1/3 of the workout, and I'm going to have to figure something else out soon.

Ab Ripper X still sucked...I've never experience ab cramps before...

Sunday: Kenpo X. This workout was fun, except for one major beef--Complaint #2: little or no explanation of the moves. I understand that too much explanation slows down a video pretty quickly, but I feel like there needs to be some explanation (maybe a separate video) explaning the proper technique for a lot of the poses, moves, and kenpo routines in the entire program.

Many were doable, but I think people would pay good money to watch my extreme arm-flailing on some of the moves!

Measurements are tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment