Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Hypnotism, Oreos, and Water

Two exciting things happened today outside of the P90x world.

1. I googled my own blog and found out someone named twittered about it! Granted, it was a link to my post about how Winter Oreos sing to me...but I'll take what I can get.

2. I was hypnotized.

No, not in the dog-barking, duck-quacking sort of way. I had the opportunity through work, so I decided to try it. We worked on getting me to avoid cookies, candy, and soda--three of my big downfalls that have been slowing me down so far.

I was completely conscious the whole time--there were no trances or anything like that involved. My "hypnotist" (also an employee) had me go through visualizations of switching behaviors--I wont go into it to much here, but it was pretty interesting and not creepy at all.

So far I've eaten two cookies today, but I'll give it a little more time :)

However, I had to pick an alternate behavior for eating candy & drinking soda, so I picked drinking water for both. Oddly enough, I had the strangest urge to drink water while watching Glee this evening--my roommate just confirmed it was during the bake sale portion of the TV show.

Maybe it's working?

In P90x land, it is now Day 15. I accidentally switched up my days and did Shoulders/Arms/Ab Ripper X instead of Cardio X, but I don't think the world will end.

I am pretty proud of myself, though--combined with the Pilates class, it was 2.5 hours of exercise today! I'm going to be hurting tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment