Thursday, October 29, 2009

Day 3--Shoulders & Arms/Ab Ripper X

I reallllllly did not want to work out today. I mean REALLLY did not want to.

But I did, and I'm proud of myself for it! I'm about to go "reward myself" with frozen yogurt from a new place that just opened up around here--Orange Tree. That stuff is great--completely nonfat, usually about 25 calories/oz and full of probiotic bacteria. Definitely not your old school TCBY!

Today was Shoulders & Arms and Ab Ripper X:

Shoulders & Arms
  • I rocked this workout!
  • Definitely the easiest workout of the three I've done so far.
  • I need to invest is 8 lb and 12 lb weights--what I have isn't cutting it. Some exercises were far too easy for the weights I had.
  • I don't really like the bands--they get in the way.
  • I had to skip out on the tricep dips--they hurt my shoulders immediately. In the past, I would have pushed through the pain and probably hurt myself, but I've learned enough throughout the past year to know if I do, I'll be more likely to quit the whole program.
  • I'm in mental competition with Dreya--in my mind she is the now known as "annoying blonde overachiever." Seriously--she is really annoying. She is just too dang perfect and Tony is all over her skipping around and proclaiming how amazing she is. Gag me.
  • However, I was really happy that I did the same amount of weight as Dreya on one of the tricep moves without the constipated expression she had on her face. Take that, annoying blonde overachiever!
Ab Ripper X

Oh my freakin' gosh. This hurts. I probably did half the reps. I am going to be in major pain tomorrow. Thank goodness it is only twice a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment