Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Day 1--Here we go!

Let's cut to the chase--here is the reason I'm doing this:


 

I'm getting hitched on June 12th, 2010...and I want to look good!

I've got the dress--yup that's me in it above--and I have to get it altered by March. I've been engaged for 1.5ish years and from the time the ring was on my finger, I knew I should be getting my booty in gear. In fact, that has been my goal for years--before Mr. Bridezilla was a part of my life.

However, this was the first time I've ever had a set deadline...and it got me moving...but not quite enough. Here's the stats:

--Joined Weight Watchers three times--third time was NOT the charm.
--Lost 15 pounds
--Gained 15 pounds back
--Worked up to running a 5k from barely being able to jog a mile
--Worked up to competing in sprint-distance triathlons
--Tried Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred twice--more on that later

So, while I've certainly attained a much higher level of fitness, I still weigh the same amount I did 1.5ish years ago, and unfortunately, I'm pretty much the same size.

So why P90x? There's a variety of reasons (the main being that I had access to the DVDs for free) that I will get into later. But the bottom line is consistency--I need something that will get me moving every day and keep me motivated along the way. Hopefully, this will be it!

No comments:

Post a Comment