Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Day 2--Cardio X

I have to say, I'm surprised how much I'm liking this! I thought I would be cursing my way through incredibly long videos, but so far, I'm able to do most of the moves (though I have to modify some and I don't make it through all of the reps) and it's almost...dare I say...fun?

Since I'm focusing on losing weight more than gaining muscle, I'm doing the lean version.

Day one was Core Synergistics--this workout was actually a lot of fun. I'm taking a Pilates class right now and I think having that background helps me engage the right muscles and get a little more out of the workout.

My back hurts like H-E-Double Hockey Sticks today, though.

Day two (today) was Cardio X. I was expecting something similar to an aerobics video--lots of jumping, spinning, stepping, and other crap. Instead, it was a combo of yoga, kenpo, plyo, and core. A lot of the moves were difficult, but definitely not all high-impact (which has been a major problem for me in the past). Plus, some of the moves were downright fun (the free throws). I really like the Dreyarolls too--but I don't recommend doing them in a sports bra on bare carpet...

All in all--it went by incredibly quickly and I was sweating pretty hard by the end--definitely a good workout.

As far as the food part of it all goes--I'm kind of flying blind. I don't have access to the food guide, so for now I'm cutting out all processed food and focusing on a high-protein diet of lean meat, vegetables, and minimal carbs. I bought a couple different protein bars to try out and I've been drinking a whey based protein shake after each workout. Both the bars and the protein shakes are pretty good!

Getting rid of sweets is going to be hard. I fell off the wagon today and indulged in cookies (darn you Allison!) and some chocolate. And I'm trying to decide whether or not nonfat chai tea lattes are acceptible. But tomorrow is a new day...

No comments:

Post a Comment